Transfer of Shares

Stocks & shares image
Trading name

You must tell Companies House about any changes to your company's share structure that you make outside your annual return.

  • You may need a special resolution to change your company’s share structure. This includes if you:
  • Change the number of shares, the company has and their total value. This is your ‘share capital’ (the part of your company’s money that comes from shares.)
  • Number one change how your shares are distributed.
  • Number two change your shares into other currencies.

You must include a notice about the change you have made and a statement declaring the company’s total number of shares, the total value of those shares and how many shares have been paid for or not paid for.


This statement is sometimes known as a ‘statement of capital. Your shares may be normal (‘ordinary’) or have special rights or restrictions.

  • For each type of share your company has, you must declare:
  • The rights that come with.
  • how many of the shares are issued.
  • Their total value before any additional costs are added.

If you would like more information, please contact our customer engagement team who would be delighted to assist you further.

Email us: [email protected]

Call us: 0207 781 8033