Filling your Account

Filling Company Accounts

Before you start, you must get your accounts approved by your company directors before you file them.

After the end of its financial year, your private limited company must prepare:

Full ('statutory') annual accounts
A Company Tax Return

You can tell HMRC your company's dormant over the phone or by post.
You will still need to file a Company Tax Return online - this will show HMRC that your company is dormant for this period.
Anything that's left will go to the Crown - you'll have to restore the company to get anything back.
You must still file annual accounts and a confirmation statement every 12 months.

Action Deadline
File first accounts with Companies House. 21 months after the date you registered with Companies House.
File annual accounts with Companies House. Nine months after your company's financial year ends.
Pay Corporation Tax or tell HMRC that your limited company does not owe any. Nine months and one day after your' accounting period' for Corporation Tax ends.
File a Company Tax Return 12 months after your accounting period for Corporation Tax ends

Apply to extend your accounts filing deadline

You can apply to extend your accounts filing deadline with Companies House if you cannot send your accounts because of an event outside your control - for example, if a fire destroyed company records before your filing deadline.

*You must apply for the extension before your filing deadline

What happens if I don't file my account?

You'll automatically receive a penalty notice if your accounts are filed after the deadline. You can be fined, and your company struck off the register if you do not send Companies House your accounts or confirmation statement.

For more information, visit the link below:
GOV UK website - File your company annual accounts


If you would like more information, please contact our customer engagement team who would be delighted to assist you further.

Email us: [email protected]

Call us: 0207 781 8033