Change value of shares

shareholder image

You must tell Companies House about any changes to your company's share structure that you make outside your annual return.


You may need a special resolution to change your company's share structure. This includes if you:
change the number of shares the company has and their total value - this is your 'share capital' (the part of your company's money that comes from shares.)

  • Change how your shares are distributed
  • Cancel any of your shares
  • change ('denominate') your shares into other currencies
  • You must tell Companies House within a month if you issue more shares in your company.
  • * You must report all other changes to your share structure within 21 days.
  • Documents you must provide for a dormant company
    You must include a notice about the change you've made and a statement declaring:
  • the company's total number of shares
  • the full value of those shares
  • how many shares have been paid for or not paid for?
  • This is sometimes known as a 'statement of capital.
  • Your shares may be normal ('ordinary') or have special rights or restrictions.
  • For each type of share your company has, you must declare:
  • the rights that come with it,
  • how many of the shares are issued?
  • their total value before any additional costs are added

If you would like more information, please contact our customer engagement team who would be delighted to assist you further.

Email us: [email protected]

Call us: 0207 781 8033